Spalook currently offers two types of eGift Certificates to use on the spalook.com web site: 1) purchased eGift Certificates; and 2) free eGift Certificates offered as incentives during spalook promotions. Read the following terms and conditions that apply to spalook eGift Certificates:
I. All Certificates
- By accepting and retaining the eGift Certificate or using the eGift Certificate, you agree to these terms and conditions, as well as future terms and conditions and program/service changes. We reserve the right to change the format, elements, and terms and conditions of the eGift Certificate program at any time without notice. Current terms and conditions may be viewed here. The eGift Certificate and associated offers are void where prohibited by law. The terms "you and your" mean the person to whom the certificate was issued.
- The laws of California, not including its choice of law principles, govern the eGift Certificate and the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- eGift Certificates are subject to spalook’s a) Terms and Conditions of Use and b) Privacy Statement. These may be found at: http://www.spalook.com.
- You agree to use the eGift Certificate only for legitimate purchases of merchandise through spalook.com—and not for the purpose of obtaining cash from spalook. You may not return merchandise obtained with the certificate for a cash refund.
- It is your responsibility to know the amount of funds available on the eGift Certificate at the time of purchase. If your desired purchase amount exceeds the eGift Certificate value, another acceptable payment method accepted by spalook will be required to pay the remaining balance.
- Spalook is not responsible for lost or stolen eGift Certificates. The risk of a lost eGift Certificate falls on the purchaser upon spalook’s release of the electronic transmission. Spalook reserves the right to close customer accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained eGift Certificate is redeemed to make purchases through spalook.com.
- To request information regarding the status of a particular eGift Certificate, contact Customer Support. The certificate code is required for all inquiries.
II. Promotional Certificates
The following terms and conditions apply to any spalook promotional eGift Certificate given by spalook for free, including "free with purchase," or distributed as a reward, incentive, part of a marketing program or promotion or otherwise.
- Use of the eGift Certificate is limited to the amount of funds associated with the eGift Certificate. You cannot increase the funds on the eGift Certificate. This eGift Certificate is intended for use as a promotional gift to an individual. Resale of this eGift Certificate or use for unauthorized advertising, marketing, sweepstakes or other promotional purposes is strictly prohibited. eGift Certificates may not be used to purchase spalook.com eGift Certificates. You may not permit any other person to use the eGift Certificate issued to you. Your right to use the funds on the eGift Certificate is a limited right, subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement and applicable law. Please note that purchases made with the eGift Certificate are, in one way, similar to those made with cash in that you cannot "stop payment" on such transactions. Spalook is not responsible for errors or omissions. The full amount of each purchase, including taxes, will be deducted from the funds held on the eGift Certificate, up to the total funds available on the eGift Certificate.
- This eGift Certificate is a promotional gift to an individual, non-reseller customer. The eGift Certificate is not valid for use by resellers. Spalook reserves the right to cancel or otherwise invalidate all eGift Certificates received by individuals or companies that spalook identifies as a reseller. Spalook reserves the sole right to determine if a customer is a reseller.
- Please note that the eGift Certificate has an expiration date. Please refer to the terms and conditions of the promotional offer for the expiration date of the eGift Certificate. After that date, the funds will expire, and the eGift Certificate will not be accepted by spalook. Invalid eGift Certificates are not replaceable or returnable.
- If you return merchandise purchased to qualify for the eGift Certificate and the balance of the qualifying purchase falls below the qualifying amount, the eGift Certificate becomes invalid.
- If you return merchandise purchased with the eGift Certificate, the value of the eGift Certificate will be deducted from the balance returned to you.
- If you attempt to use the eGift Certificate for an amount greater than your available certificate balance, you will be required to pay the balance using a different method of payment. If, for any reason whatsoever, a transaction is processed despite insufficient available funds on the eGift Certificate (creating a "negative" amount, referred to herein as a "shortage"), you agree to reimburse us, upon request, for the amount of the shortage. In addition, we reserve the right to charge a shortage fee of $25 per transaction every time your use of the eGift Certificate results in a shortage, subject to applicable law.
- This eGift Certificate promotion is designed to provide a benefit to our individual customers by permitting individual customers to purchase spalook merchandise for their own personal use at a discount. The eGift Certificate is not valid for purchase, use or resale by resellers. These promotional gift certificates are not transferable and have no cash value. Spalook reserves the right, in its sole discretion to refuse to honor any eGift Certificate that is used in a manner inconsistent with these objectives, including without limitation any fraudulent use. If we suspect misuse of the eGift Certificate, it may be suspended or terminated.
III. Purchased Certificates
The following terms and conditions apply to any purchase of a spalook eGift Certificate:
- eGift Certificates and balances on eGift Certificates are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.*
- If a purchase is lower than the eGift Certificate value, the same certificate code may be applied to another purchase at a later date within the 12 month period.
- Spalook.com make no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to eGift Certificates, including without limitation, any expressed or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In the event an eGift Certificate code is non-functional, your sole remedy, and our sole liability, shall be the replacement of such eGift Certificate. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
* Does not apply in California, Connecticut, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island or Washington. This does apply in New Hampshire only for eGift Certificates over $100.00. The expiration date does not apply in any other states where prohibited by law.